Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Job-Blog Update - NEW

Find a job in this market is TOUGH.

You get a lead, you work it, you work it and pray a lot and negotiate little.
Who's in the driver seat these days? Not the job seeker. On the news this morning, they showed a job fair in Florida - and looked like Gore was re-running for president - lines were around the corner to get in the building - but no-one could get in. (Sorry, bad humor) Seriously, there were too many people to count - all qualified. Little scary.

My two prospects I have been working are very different. Today, I got an offer (after a fourth interview) for a job in Steamboat Springs, CO. Well established timeshare company that is still growing. Susie and I are going to think about it and review all options tonight. But based on the current status, I'll probably be in Orlando for training in two weeks.


I started this post Wednesday evening.
Today, Friday, I'm faxing my signed Offer Letter and start March 23.
In today's market, a job, is a job, is a job.
Being a cart attendant at Osage National was lookiing like a real prospect for the spring and summer if something didn't happen soon.
I'm excited about it. Looking forward to being back in the ski business.
The company is Celebrity Resorts (celebrityresorts.com).

No comments: