Friday, February 27, 2009

Job-blog update II

So yesterday:
10:00 am interview
went off at 10:30ish and lasted well over an hour. Very impressed with the individual and the company. Since it was the third interview, I'm hoping that I get a call today or tomorrow to schedule a flight to Orlando for a meeting with Corporate next week - say a prayer, keep your fingers crossed, send good karma.

My 5:30 interview on the other hand:
A couple of days ago I had my web-cam working, went to the local computer tech store yesterday afternoon to review the video conference set-up and configuration. I had everything right. 15 minutes before the interview I get my video set and ready - I'm looking at myself on the computer, everything is fine (can you tell where this is going?), we go to connect, my web cam program unloads. They can hear me, I can see them - but I'm gone. It was almost comical - this would be a 2009 version of an I LOVE LUCY episode.

I spent probably two hours trying to reconfigure, re-download. Finally got it working again. It's working this morning. I'm trying to coordinate a test for a followup this afternoon. Wish me luck. Send my computer good karma - it obviously needs it. They were real cool about it - this is their first try at this also. Live and learn. If this works, I'm going to expand my interest level to include parents and family. Pretty amazing stuff - it's thru window live messenger. Check it out.

1 comment:

bobs said...

Good luck. We have bundled Tucson high of 80 into a big balloon and sent it to you! It is also filled with lots of positive thoughts (Is that Karma?)
b